Promoting Trade and Investment
The defining purpose of the International Trade Administration (ITA) is helping to create economic opportunity for American workers and businesses. By promoting trade and investment we are promoting prosperity and a better world.
To increase trade and investment, ITA helps U.S. companies navigate foreign markets. We help educate companies about how to tailor their activities to the specific market with respect to their product slate, financing, marketing, assembly and logistics. While the United States exports more than any other country, making that first export can still be a daunting challenge for a small or medium sized business. ITA helps equip those businesses with the knowledge and tools that they need to meet that exporting challenge, and by extension, promote the trade and investment that helps us all.
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce\'s ITA. The Commercial Service has 108 offices located throughout the country and 150 around the world, covering 96 percent of U.S. export markets. Its Web-based services are provided through the U.S. government\'s export portal, export.gov. At export.gov you can locate the U.S. Export Assistance Center nearest you or call 1-800-USA-TRAD(E) (1-800-872-8723).
Contact Us – Trade Information CenterCall: 800.872.8723 (1-800-USA-TRAD(E))
between 8:30 AM and 6 PM EST to receive immediate answers to your exporting questions on:
The Greater Knoxville Foreign Trade Zone
The Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) is federally designated site within the United States that has the special legal status of not being within U.S. Customs territory. Thus imported products and components may be brought into the zone without the payment of import duties. FTZs provide a competitive advantage for companies involved in international trade. The Greater Knoxville FTZ has five activated general purpose sites that are available for monthly lease. The minimum lease is 100 square feet.
For further information about the Greater Knoxville Foreign Trade Zone, contact at (865) 482-9890.
- Tariff and Tax Information
- Country-specific General Export Information
- Region-specific Export Information (Middle East, China, Latin America, EU, etc.)
- International Documentation, Regulations and Standards
- Logistics and Finance (HS/Schedule B numbers, Freight Forwarders, partners)
- Free Trade Agreements (qualifying products for FTA benefits, Certificates of origin.)
- Trade Data
- Export-related information offered by federal, state and local entities
- Export-related information related to other USG agencies
Note for Importers: Please contact U.S. Customs at 877.227.5511
Request In-Depth Exporting Advice and International Business Solutions
Contact a U.S. Export Assistance Center near you to:
- Assess the market potential of your products/services
- Develop and implement a market entry/expansion strategy
- Identify and evaluate potential international business partners