Quality of Life
Join in our success, enhance yours
In recent years a great many people have discovered Blount County, Tennessee and they're have moved to our community in significant numbers supporting our growth and development.
Businesses are discovering the many economic advantages of locating in Blount County and they're bringing new jobs and new skills requirements to an area that has the resources and the vision to meet those demands in education, business, leisure and life sectors. Newcomers to Blount County experience new levels of quality of life, education, employment options and our renowned friendly welcome. Join the growing number of people discovering Blount County.New people, new businesses, new jobs – all welcome to join the Blount County success story, one that continues to grow and continues to demand.
Blount County has it all. Don’t take our word for it, see what others are saying about us.
- Arts and Entertainment Channel chose Maryville as one of its "Top 10 Cities to Have it All!"
- Your Money magazine chose Maryville as one of tomorrow's "Hottest Retirement Destinations"
- Forbes magazine moved the region's business ranking from 17th to 5th place in the nation, ahead of all other Tennessee metro areas in overall rankings.
- Blount County is designated as a Three-Star Community by the Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development
- Maryville is the only Tennessee city included in "America's 100 Best Places to Retire."
Check out our lifestyle - recreation, natural resources, entertainment, culture, quality restaurants and top notch sporting events.
Arts & Entertainment
From the Appalachian Ballet to the community orchestra, let the Blount County area entertain you and your family. Here's a sample of what we offer:
For the outdoors enthusiast, Blount County has an abundance of recreational opportunities for all ages.
- Six Golf course/country club
- Motorcycle trips maps.
- Hundreds of miles of hiking, biking and horse riding trails
- Home of Ruby Tuesday's Triple Crown of Running
- Minutes from the shores of Fort Loudon Lake, the Little River and Tellico Lake
- University of Tennessee Football, Basketball & Baseball
- Please check out more Tennessee Recreation!
- Award-winning Parks & Recreation Department with specialized youth and adult programs
- We're at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. For more information, visit www.lowimpactvacation.com.
- Tail of the Dragon motorcycle and sports car touring information. Watch this Ride the Smokies motorcycle video.
- 18 miles of Greenway Trails in the cities of Alcoa and Maryville for walking/jogging and biking. View the Greenway Trail Map (PDF).
- Home of the Smoky Mountain Softball Classic, America's Premier Slow Pitch Softball Tournament