The Big Picture
Ideal Business Location
Pellissippi Place is a first-of-its-kind research and development community in East Tennessee, one of the nation’s most scenic and beautiful areas. This mixed-use development is designed for businesses focused on technology R&D and commercialization. But beyond that, as a community meant for living and playing as well as working, it will include retail and entertainment venues, hotel and office space, and contemporary residences in a lush park setting.
Pellissippi Place is an ideal business location for many reasons:
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a major resource for scientific and technological companies, is just 30 minutes away.
- The University of Tennessee, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institute, has first-class programs in business, logistics, engineering, science and technology at its main campus in nearby Knoxville.
- The Knoxville-Oak Ridge Innovation Valley is a regional economic development partnership that helps leverage the world-class scientific and technological resources of the Oak Ridge Technology Corridor into business success.
- The region’s central location within a day’s drive of 75 percent of the major U.S. markets offers a strong logistical advantage.
- McGhee Tyson regional airport is just several minutes away.
- The Great Smoky Mountains and several national forests enhance the area’s superb quality of life, offering opportunities for every type of outdoor activity and pastime.
Combine those assets with the state’s famously business-friendly environment, low taxes, and competitive wages, and you have nothing less than a world-class business location.
Sustainability is a core value for the construction and business development, and all buildings will be LEED-certified.
Economic Development Board
Managed by the Economic Development Board of Blount County (EDB), Pellissippi Place is a mixed-use research park that will house corporate, residential and commercial properties in Blount County, Tennessee.
Since 1984, when it launched Stock Creek Development Centre, the EDB has been assisting research and development companies with detailed programs for site selection, location, expansion and incentives. Companies such as Microbial Insights, Keisler Engineering, Nisus Corporation, Siemens, Molecular Pathology, and the Southern Impact Research Centerhave found productive facilities for their Blount County operations.
Economic Development Board of Blount County
201 S. Washington Street
Maryville, TN 37804
The Economic Development Board offers comprehensive site location services for corporate, commercial and residential properties.
As a forward-looking development working to create a sustainable future, Pellissippi Place will include only LEED-certified corporate, commercial, and residential buildings.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System is an internationally recognized certification program created by the U.S. Green Building Council. It creates standards for designers and builders to meet to ensure that buildings and the construction process are environmentally responsible and healthy.